So You'd Like to Volunteer!
Support is often thought of in terms of dollars, but donating your time can be just as valuable. You can audition for a show, work backstage with the crew and construction teams, sew costumes, help us keep the theatre clean and well-maintained, or lend a hand in the office or concession stand. If you are interested in volunteering for Waco Civic Theatre, please contact us at boxoffice at wacocivictheatre.org. Below are just a few of the ways you can get involved:
Link to our Volunteer Handbook: https://www.luminpdf.com/viewer/5dc85c17dd195f0019dd4faf
We post auditions on Facebook and Instagram and add info to the Audition page of our website. Auditions usually are scheduled 5-7 weeks prior to the opening of a show, so keep your eyes out for the notifications!
Ushers and Concessions:
We need 4-6 ushers for every performance--that’s hundreds of shifts to cover! If you’re not in the show, we'd love your help. If you are, ask your family and friends to help.
- Ushers are the public face of WCT and our most effective way of interacting with our guests. You are WCT to many of our patrons.
- Ushers are expected to arrive 45 minutes before showtime to check in with the House Manager and become failiar with the needs of the show.
- Ushers may be asked to assist patrons to their seats, hand out playbills, or take tickets, and point out emergency exits. A seat will be provided so that ushers may view the show.
- Ushers are expected to remain after the performance to help clean up the theatre and set up for the next performance. Your help is vital in maintaining the care of our facility for our patrons.
- Concessionaires will be tasked with providing food and drink items for our guests. They will frequently need to set up and break down the concession stand, handle monies, and prepare the concession area for the next shift.
Paint and Build:
- As a community theatre, we need help on every show to hammer, saw, nail, paint, sweep, dispose and store items every time we do a show. Not sure how to do any of the above tasks? Not to worry! Education and training are part of our mission, so we'll be glad to show you how to get things done. We usually build shows on Saturdays, but we can arrange hours to fit most any schedule.
- If you’re in a show, you’ll get 2 complimentary tickets to distribute. Make sure your family and friends attend! Better yet, buy a season ticket so that the work of all the theatre artists this season have support.
- Word of mouth is still the most effective advertising. Help us get the word out about WCT by talking to your friends and co-workers, posting on social media, and promoting the theatre, so our houses are packed all season long!